The Amazing Shake
Singing River Academy
What is the Amazing Shake?
The Amazing Shake is a competition that places an emphasis on teaching students manners, discipline, respect, and professional conduct. Prior to the competition, students learn the nuances of professional human interaction as they are taught skills such as how to give a proper handshake, how to “work a room,” how to give a successful interview, and how to remain composed under pressure. The goal is to prepare our students so that they are able to present themselves exceptionally well for opportunities today as well as those that will come in the future. (ronclarkacademy.com)
Round 1 - Oct. 1st - S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Handshakes in homerooms (in professional attire)
- 26 Students are selected and move on to the next round
- Each homeroom teacher will pick 1 student
Round 2 - Dec. 10th - Work a Room in the Gym (in professional attire)
- 26 Students will “Work a Room” with National Honor Society students from the high school, central office personnel and city leaders
- Students will use S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills to impress visitors
- Students will be scored on a rubric by visitors
- 8 Students with the highest scores will move on to the next round
Round 3 - Feb. 20th - Interviews (in professional attire)
- 8 finalists will be interviewed by SRA staff about what it means to be a Gotor, life goals, how to meet their life goals, why the Amazing Shake is important…
- Students will use S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills in interviews
- Students will be scored based on complete answers that impress SRA staff
- 2 students will be chosen for the final round
Round 4 - March 29th - April 16th - Leadership Tasks
- March 27th each finalist will run the honor roll assembly
- 1 runs the 6th grade ceremony
- 1 runs the 5th grade ceremony
- SRA Staff will score how well each student did based on a rubric
- March 30-April 2
- Announcer #1 morning(Mon & Tues) Announcer #2 morning (Wed & Thurs) Announcer #1 afternoon(Wed & Thurs) Announcer #2 afternoon(Mon & Tues)
- SRA Staff will grade how well the announcements go
- Create a video about what the Amazing Shake has taught them and Sell our School!- Due April 17th- emailed to email@example.com
- District Administrators will grade on a rubric
- Video will be played at the MAAP Testing Pep Rally
- All points will be tallied for an overall winner
Round 1 Winners
Ella Grace R.
Der Riyah R.
Jerryanix "J.J." M.
Eliezer Garica C.